Rock and Retro® is a health and fitness site that seeks to motivate, inspire and encourage you on your fitness and wellness journey.
If you passionately want to progress and work toward feeling happier and healthier then Rock and Retro® is for you! Aiming to keep you motivated and supported- you have come to the right place! Your heart is a muscle… so make it stronger by exercising it with lots of motivation, movement and love!
Motivation/Behaviour Change coaching sessions available!
BACK TO BASIX personal training, helping you to help yourself! Please click here for more info, thank you back-to-basix-personal-training
What you’ll find here!!!
I write articles of a self help/motivational nature as well as health and fitness based ones, please check out my page where I share my writing and writing services https://www.facebook.com/themotivationangel/
To check out my self help/motivational e-book Stardust and Star Jumps© please visit https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stardust-Star-Jumps-Motivational-perspectives-ebook/dp/B01MXVCKJ8
Do you have any health and fitness services you would like to advertise on this site? Please contact me email@example.com thank you
Tips and news
February 26, 2017
8 Simple Reminders for Motivation and Life Balance It is so easy to get caught…
February 18, 2017
3 Tips to Boost Your Emotional and Mental Well-Being We are emotional and thoughtful…
January 22, 2017
“10 Awesome motivational quotes from inspirational movies and people” Quotes are truly magical, they provide…
January 21, 2017
5 Supportive Tips to Success- keep winning! There is no success without failure first. Too…
My Top 5 reasons to keep yourself fit with Dance Fitness based classes!
- Music you love triggers an emotional response, your brain responds to music by wanting to move to it, it’s an instinctual response to the rhythm, you just can’t stop it! Dance fitness connects your body to your mind. Get connected.
- It’s great for your heart and bone health, and can be better than traditional machine based cardiovascular exercises that you would do in the gym. The range of movements are varied and work your body in a whole new way. It can also improve your balance, posture, and the all important core muscles get stronger too.
- It’s a great way to get more coordinated and improve your motor skills. Studies have shown that dancing/movements that require coordination can actually reduce the risk of dementia by as much as 76%.
- It’s a great mood lifter and can help combat stress or depression. The upbeat music and friendly vibe elevate your mental as well as your physical state.
- Last but not least… it’s a great calorie burner. You can burn between 5-10 calories per minute depending on the speed and intensity of your movements. You get out what you put in, the more you move the more you burn.
So in summary… your body just wants to move so let it move to the music you love.